Clarity is One of the Most Essential Ingredients for Massive Success in Your Life and Business!
When you look at the success of people around the world, clarity is not readily one of the associated traits that come to mind. However when you look deeper, clarity is such an essential ingredient for all highly productive people. Today I’m going to talk about how to get CLARITY for your business but the same concepts can be used when it comes to life in general.
SO WHAT IS CLARITY?
Clarity is determining exactly what results you want to achieve and when you want to achieve them by.
The key word in that definition is “exactly”. If you don’t make the time to define your goal in exact terms, you are not setting yourself up for success. Instead, you are setting yourself up for a guessing game. General words simply do not work. Being specific, focused, and clear sends a message to our brains that is motivating, action driven and you are more likely to achieve your desired goal. Therefore clarity is reached when you know exactly what you want to achieve, and when you want to achieve it by.
Napoleon Hill, in his classic book, Think & Grow Rich, said, “Whatever the mind can conceive and believe, it can achieve.” He goes on to explain why having a clear idea on what you want to achieve in business and life is the critical reason for your motivation, actions and success.
WHY IS HAVING CLARITY SO IMPORTANT?
Without clarity, your business moves from place to place like a ship without a rudder. You tend to drift from one thing to another, without a plan to hold it together. But with clarity, you are focused on specific results or actions, you run your business “on purpose” and you will create amazing results — both for you and for your customers!
COUPLE THINGS I WANT YOU TO REMEMBER:
1) We cannot change anyone
2) Our clarity & reality is only controlled by us
3) The past is dead, the future is yet to be born — all that matters is RIGHT HERE, RIGHT NOW
WHAT YOU NEED TO DO TO GAIN CLARITY:
1) Figure Out What You Don’t Want — I don’t want to be unlovable, I don’t want to be unloved, I don’t want to be angry, I don’t want to be broke, I don’t want my son to reject me, I don’t want drama in my life, I don’t want to feel unaccepted, I don’t want to be judged etc.
2) Figure Out What You Do Want — Extreme Opposite — I want to be so lovable that even strangers feel loved, I want to be so loved that I have no doubts, I want extreme peace in my mind and heart, I want to be financially able to take care of and bless my family and friends, I want my son to love and accept me, I want to be free of judgment of others etc.
Your business goals must be attractive to you and they must excite you, so the first two questions you must answer are:
- What would you like to accomplish in your business this year?
- What do you want your business to do for you?
3) What Does What You Want LOOK LIKE, FEEL LIKE, IN SPECIFIC DETAIL. Imagine yourself already obtaining what you want. Visualize your goal by seeing the result you want in your mind. Maybe draw it out or create a vision/dream board. Seeing your vision in your mind has the power to create a tremendous drive in you. Keep this goal around you at all times.
4) WHY Do You Want It? — Your goals either personal or business must be backed by a reason. In other words your WHY! WHY are you doing what you’re doing? Why do you want what you want? What is the goal? What is your Holy Cause & Purpose? Your WHY has to be very strong and have a deep meaning to you.
You want to make sure that you didn’t get in this business for the wrong reason. Start asking yourself questions like: Why are you in this business? Is this my passion? Would I do this even if I didn’t get paid for it?
WHILE GAINING CLARITY, CHOOSE TO TELL THE TRUTH, BE AUTHENTIC AND WRITE IT OUT IN SPECIFIC DETAIL!
HERE ARE SOME QUESTIONS TO ASK YOURSELF TO HELP YOU GAIN CLARITY!
- What are your specific written down goals?
- What is one goal you would like to achieve in the next 90 days?
- How do you measure success in your business today?
- How much money do you want to make this year?
- What is your vision (your ideal) for 1 year and 5 years?
- Do you have a written down plan of attack that is thought out and simple to execute such as a 90 day (2 pages) action plan?
Examples; I introduce my business to 10 new people a day and I get 5 peoples contact information, I will get 100 new customers in the next 90 days, I am a triple Diamond by September 30th, I give back 2,000/month to the needy, I am a very determined, caring, inspiring leader who builds people up and inspires them to be all they were created to be,
WRITE OUT YOUR GOALS, DREAMS & INTENTIONS EVERY SINGLE DAY—AGAIN BE DESCRIPTIVE & SPECIFIC
When Writing out your goals – Ask: Am I Committed? Who would I need to be to achieve the goals I have? What skills, people and resources would I need to attain my goals? Make sure when you Write/Speak you do it in the first person…. “I”…..Write/Speak in the present tense….”I AM” and always use positive language!! Have daily goals and long term goals written down.
What would be the COST of not following through on my goals? What would be the COST of trying to achieve by Trial & Error? In other words reinventing the wheel and not following the system that’s already in place.
LASTLY, BE COMMITTED
When going after what you want, you must be 100% COMMITTED – When you ask yourself HOW Committed am I on a scale of 2 to 10 — anything other than a 10 means nothing – It means you’re uncommitted.
- So do what is required
- Do what you say you’re going to do
- Act powerfully INSPITE of feelings, emotions, moods, circumstances, etc.
Once you have CLARITY on what you want, where you’re going and why you want it, it will be hard for you to NOT be committed because you will be so excited to get up every day and shoot for your dreams and goals!! NOW GO MAKE IT HAPPEN!!!