If you want to be successful in your MLM business, Personal Development is a MUST! From my experience a lot of people who start an MLM business have self-limiting beliefs, past baggage, and a poor image of themselves. This was me 3 years ago but I learned MLM is all about building relationships with people therefore it’s crucial that you get yourself right so that you can connect with other people in a meaningful way. Personal Development, MLM, Successful We are NOT born leaders so we must work on developing ourselves into the type of person that others want to DO or BE in business with.
Wikipedia says Personal development includes activities that improve awareness and identity, develop talents and potential, build human capital and facilitate employability, enhance quality of life and contribute to the realization of dreams and aspirations. For example, when you were born you didn’t come out of moms belly walking, right? You started by crawling, then standing and then you attempted to walk. You tried to walk many times but you kept falling over and over again until one day you got up and started walking. Over time you developed the skills necessary to learn how to walk, so from the time you were born you were personally developing.
There is an old saying that goes like this ‘practice makes perfect’, and that’s absolutely true, in any area of your life. If you want to be great at something, whether it be riding a bike, playing an instrument, writing a blog, public speaking, communicating, or becoming a leader in your MLM business, you need to practice the necessary skills in order to become successful. You must learn, you must fail, and you must try again until the skills are developed. Remember, developing these skills won’t happen overnight, it will take time and effort and that’s why you need to be on a 3-5 year plan with your MLM business.
Every TOP money earner in MLM understands and implements Personal Development so lets talk about what you can do to personally develop yourself.
1. Spend at least 15 minutes each day praying, meditating, or just having quiet time. This will allow you to get to know your real thoughts and what you truly believe about yourself. If you’re having self-limiting beliefs you first need to stop accepting these beliefs and allowing them to define you and second you need to reaffirm who God says you are and start confessing that out loud. It won’t be an easy task especially when some of these beliefs have been engrained in you since childhood but with consistent effort you will change your beliefs about who you were meant to be. Typically, WE are what stops us from being successful in MLM so it is extremely important to do this exercise everyday so you can start to transform your beliefs. Your mindset is your most important tool, so let’s get it right!
2. Read books or listen to audio books. Find out the areas you need to improve on the most and start studying on how to get better. Learn about the Network Marketing industry. Just like if you wanted to be a DR. you would have to go to college for about 8 years to learn the skills to become a DR. Same goes with MLM, you have to take the time to learn the skills and techniques necessary to become a successful network marketer. Find someone successful in network marketing and learn what they are doing and follow their lead.
3. Stay plugged in to ALL your company conference calls, trainings, and events. I can’t stress enough how important this is to the success of your MLM business and personal development. Staying plugged in will help you gain knowledge in the products and help you get acquainted with the company and their vision. It will also help build your belief level and help you develop the skills necessary to be successful in the MLM industry. So stay plugged in!
Personal Development is going to take time, patience, persistence, and consistent effort. If you want to have a successful MLM business make sure you are taking the time each day to learn and grow. Remember your building a business and that takes time, so keep learning, developing, and taking action and you will have success! The main reason people fail in this industry is they quit before they get started! Good Luck!
Until next time, have a great day!
P.S. Here is a list of some awesome books that helped me to personally develop!!
1. The Bible
2. Your First Year in Network Marketing by Mark Yarnell
3. Rich Dad Poor Dad by Robert Kiyosaki
4. I Declare by Joel Osteen
5. The Secret by Rhonda Byrne
6. How to Win Friends and Influence People by Dale Carnegie
If you have any other recommendations please comment below!! If this has helped you please share!!